The following admissions criteria must be satisfied for a student to be admitted:
- An accredited Bachelor’s degree (European, American) or equivalent (i.e. ACCA).
- Proficiency in English – First Degree taught in English or IELTS 6 or TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based).
- Letters of Recommendation – Two recommendation letters from persons who have known the applicant in his/her educational and professional environment are required.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Personal Statement – a comprehensive outline highlighting the applicants’ individual competences and strengths and providing their reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to their personal advancement and career development.
- Academic Background – Applicants with a non-business background can be admitted into the programme but they may have to take preparatory foundation courses.
M. Ed Educational Leadership & Administration
- All applicants for entrance in the Masters of Education programme should have at least a lower second class Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an area related to education from a recognised university.
- Transcript of grades
- Applicants with a degree in a related subject taught in English from a recognized university will also be considered.
- Applicants with a lower grade will be considered on their own merits.
- Two academic reference letters.
- Personal Statement: A letter highlighting the applicant’s individual competences and strengths and providing his/her reflections regarding the expectations and value of the programme as well as to his/her personal advancement and career development.
- An updated CV (Curriculum Vitae).
Regular admission to the BA Business programme requires a High School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent with an average grade of ‘C’. ‘A’ levels are considered to be a form of equivalent qualification.
In addition to a strong academic record, the student’s extracurricular involvement, leadership skills, and other relevant background information are taken into account.
English Language Proficiency
English is the language of instruction at the University of Nicosia. All students are required to take the English Placement Test (EPT) before registering for classes. The EPT may show that some students will need to register for non-credit English classes before being able to register for their academic programme of study.
Students with the following English qualifications will register directly for their academic programme of study:
|TOEFL||513 and above|
|Computer-based TOEFL||183 and above|
|Internet-based TOEFL||65 and above|
|IELTS||5.5 and above|
|Cambridge Exams [First Certificate]||B and above|
|Cambridge Exams [Proficiency Certificate||C and above|
|GCSE English Language “O” Level||C and above|
|Michigan Examination of Proficiency in English||Pass|
|Michigan Examination of Competency in English||Pass|
BSc in Tourism, Leisure and Events Management
Entry requirements (of already completed 120 ects) would typically be a combination of the following:
- Undergraduate (post high school) diploma or certificate of at least 2 years fulltime study of a relevant discipline (to be decided by the Department).
- Full-time undergraduate study of at least two years duration towards a degree of a relevant discipline (to be decided by the Department).
- A professional qualification equivalent to two full-time years of post-high school study of a relevant discipline (to be decided by the Department).
- Documented life experience, or competence proved through examination(s) (in supervisory or managerial positions), in a relevant discipline (to be decided by the Department).
Note: Number 4 above cannot stand alone as the main entry requirement.
Credits Earned at other Universities
The University of Nicosia welcomes transfer students from other accredited colleges and universities and accepts courses which are of the same quality and equivalency as courses offered on its campus.
Transfer credits will not count towards the student’s CPA. Regardless of the credits transferred, students normally have to complete a minimum of 120 ECTS for the Bachelor degree.
Credit from National Testing Centres
Transfer credits are awarded for A’ Level, selected GCSE, LCCI and other similar qualifications.